Friday, September 16, 2011

Capt. Turbo the Leadfooted Was My Pilot

So, I made it! Landed safely in Ireland- perhaps a little windblown since my 7h40min flight was cut down to 6h30min. Didn't sleep a wink. But here I am! It's raining and around 55F degrees. I left my luggage at my Hostel- the Generator. It's the Dublin version of where I stayed in London. It just so happens that it's right next door to the Jameson Distillery- go figure. I ended up going for a walk in the rain, ended up lost and just ducked into a little cafe for a (vegetarian) Irish breakfast. Real Irish breakfast comes with all sorts of meat that I just can't even think about eating right now. But this place is great- The Mercantile. A bit pricey, but I have Internet and I'm watching New Zealand play Japan in World Cup rugby. It's about 4:30am in Chicago, give or take? Too tired to do basic subtraction but I'm going to enjoy my latte and cheer on the All Blacks (that's a Rugby team).
I'm safe and well. A little soaked but not melting yet.
I met a girl on the bus that I said I'd go to the James Joyce Museum with and I'm meeting up with my friend Ryan at 2 and I'm relatively sure I won't sleep anytime soon. What does a girl have to do to get some coffee around here? Sheesh!
More updates later. I'm safe and physically on hard ground.
Mentally? I'll have to let you know later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment